- Yield 2 servings
This delicious fruit salad stars avocados, strawberries and pine nuts.
- 1 -- ripe avocado, preferably Hass variety, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- -- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1 -- heaping cup strawberries, hulled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, walnut oil or hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups bite-size pieces arugula or watercress, optional
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts*
- Combine avocado with lemon juice in a nonreactive large bowl. Add berries, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; combine well. Serve as is or over a bed of arugula or watercress on each of two plates, if desired. Garnish with pine nuts.