Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
After preparing, you can serve this ice cream in the avocado shells or in champagne or wine glasses like a parfait.
- 2 -- ripe medium Hass avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 can chopped pistachios, divided
- 1 -- lime, cut into wedges or slices
- In a stainless steel bowl, combine avocados, lime juice, softened ice cream and 2 tablespoons pistachios. With a wire whisk, whip ingredients together and place in freezer about 20 minutes. Scoop and serve immediately, garnishing each glass with remaining nuts and lime wedges or slices.