Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Adding avocados to pesto creates a rich and creamy texture without using cheese.
- 1pound linguine
- 1bunch fresh basil, reserve some leaves fro garnish
- 1/2cup pine nuts
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1cup cherry tomatoes or sliced sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto by combining basil, pine nuts, avocados, lemon juice, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss pasta with pesto. For an extra touch of color and flavor, top pasta with cherry or sun-dried tomatoes. Divide pasta among serving bowls and garnish each serving with a basil leaf.