Avocado-Mango Toss with Toasted Pine Nuts
- Yield 2 servings
Rich, buttery avocados and crunchy, aromatic pine nuts star in this mango salad.
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 cups bite-size pieces field greens, arugula leaves or baby spinach leaves
- Heat a small nonstick saute pan over medium heat and add the pine nuts. Toss them often 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocados, mangoes, red peppers, crushed pepper flakes, lime juice, oil, honey, cilantro and salt. Mix well and serve as is or over a small nest of field greens, arugula or spinach leaves. Garnish with toasted pine nuts.