Avocado Egg Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 min
- Cook 10 min
Creamy avocado and spicy Dijon give this old favorite new flare.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- 1 Fresh Avocado, halved, seeded and peeld
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
- Remove and discard yolks of two of the eggs; chop remaining whites and eggs; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine half of the avocado, vinegar, mustard and salt; mash until smooth. Dice remaining avocado and add to mixture along with eggs and onion; mix gently. Serve on toast or crackers. Garnish with chives, if desired. One serving=1/2 cup.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 12%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.