Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Yield 3 servings
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 1 egg white, boiled
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped watercress
- 6 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- Dijon mustard
- Boil 3 eggs.
- Peel the eggs, cut in halfs and place them in a large bowl. I removed one egg yolk to make it healthier.
- Add the avocado.
- Add the juice of 1/4 of a lemon, this will prevent the avocado from browning.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the scallions and watercress.
- Run a knife through the eggs and avocado several times – to mix and create a chunky texture.
- Take 2 slices of bread and trim off the edges.
- Take a small amount of Dijon Mustard and just glaze it on each slice of bread.
- Top with 2 to 3 spoonful’s of the avocado-egg mixture.
- Top with the other slice of bread and slice in half.
Recipe courtesy “Honey, What’s Cooking”,where food blogger Nisha’s primarily focus is healthy cooking. She also includes restaurant reviews for the greater New York City region.