Avocado Chicken Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, cubed (about 3 ½ cups of meat)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 -- avocados, diced
- 2 -- eggs, hard boiled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in large bowl; add celery. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing by combining in small bowl the mayonnaise, shallot, lemon juice, garlic salt, hot pepper sauce, parsley, capers, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over chicken and toss well to coat.
- Divide chicken salad between four plates. Sprinkle one-half of each avocado dice on each chicken salad. Add diced egg for garnish.
Adapted from Chicken Salad: Fifty Favorite Recipes, Barbara Lauterbach, Chronicle Books 2003.