Avocado and Romaine with Lime Vinaigrette
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This salad has crunch and zest to complement the richness of avocado.
If you like a sweeter dressing, add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound baby romaine leaves
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds) (optional)
- 1 -- avocado, sliced
- Place lime juice in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Toss romaine in dressing.
- Lightly fold in cheese, pepitas, if using, and top with avocado slices.
Recipe by Morgan Jarrett.