Avocado and Corn Salsa
- Yield 50 servings
This recipe makes enough for a crowd. Serve with warm tortilla chips.
To prevent the avocados from browning, do not add them until you are ready to serve.
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cans (2 ounce) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -- avocados
- Combine the corn, black olives, bell pepper and onion in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat. Chill, covered, for 8 to 10 hours.
- Chop the avocados and stir into the salsa just before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Lubbock., A Pefect Setting, (The Junior Leage of Lubbock, 2005)