Avocado and Corn Salsa
- Yield: 50 servings
To prevent the avocados from browning, do not add them until you are ready to serve.
- 16ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2cans (2 ounce) sliced black olives, drained
- 1medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1small onion, chopped
- 5cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 3tablespoons cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 4-- avocados
- Combine the corn, black olives, bell pepper and onion in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat. Chill, covered, for 8 to 10 hours.
- Chop the avocados and stir into the salsa just before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Lubbock., A Pefect Setting, (The Junior Leage of Lubbock, 2005)