Avocado and Corn Salad
- Yield: servings
- 1large avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into small cubes
- 2cups chopped tomatoes, cleaned, cored, and destemmed
- 1/3cup torn fresh basil leaves
- cup white or yellow corn
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4cup chopped raw cashews
- -- lots of fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4-- cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
Mix all the ingredients together except for the olive oil, sherry vinegar, and mustard. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, sherry vinegar, and mustard until the mixture thickens slightly. Pour this over the salad mixture and toss. Place the salad in the refrigerator (covered) for up to 1 hour to allow the flavors to mix. Serve chilled.
From the book Gluten-Free Vegan Comfort Food, by Susan O’Brien. Reprinted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright © 2012.