Avocado and Corn Salad
- Yield servings
This recipe can also be served as an appetizer. I love to serve this with brown rice chips.
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, cleaned, cored, and destemmed
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- cup white or yellow corn
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped raw cashews
- -- lots of fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 -- cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Mix all the ingredients together except for the olive oil, sherry vinegar, and mustard. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, sherry vinegar, and mustard until the mixture thickens slightly. Pour this over the salad mixture and toss. Place the salad in the refrigerator (covered) for up to 1 hour to allow the flavors to mix. Serve chilled.
From the book Gluten-Free Vegan Comfort Food, by Susan O’Brien. Reprinted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright © 2012.