Avgolemono (Greek Lemon Soup)
- Yield 8 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 20 mins
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley and pepper to garnish
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer and add rice.
- Cover and simmer just until rice is done, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks with lemon juice. Whisk a ladle of hot soup into egg mixture, then add back to pot. Garnish with parsley and pepper. Great with warm pitas and store-bought hummus.
Recipe by Jo Marshall.