- 1/2 orange, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 to 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 1teaspoon ground ginger*
- 1teaspoon cumin*
- 1pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 1pinch sugar, optional and to taste
- Over a small bowl, squeeze the juice from the orange halve.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour dressing over the contents in the mixing bowl, tossing gently to combine.
- Serve immediately.
*Note that I prefer more robustly seasoned food and if you don’t, scale back to 1/2 teaspoon each ginger and cumin. Alternately, add other or additional seasonings, to taste. Try making marinade with lemon juice rather than orange juice and I’d add a bit of honey (or agave) for a lemon-honey vinaigrette.
Averie Sunshine of AverieCooks.com. Averie has been writing a daily food blog for over three years and although she has an extensive collection of desserts and sweet treats on her site, this recipe is one of her healthy vegan options. When Averie is not in the kitchen cooking or taking pictures of the food she creates, she enjoys running, yoga, and can be found outside enjoying the sunny weather in San Diego where she resides with her husband and daughter.