Autumn Rum-Glazed Carrots
- Yield: 8 servings
"Simple is always best-and that's what this dish offers. The raisins and rum give it a special touch."
- 1/2cup butter or margarine
- 3pounds whole medium carrots, trimmed (about 16 carrots)
- 1/2cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2cup dark rum
- 1/4cup raisins
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots and toss to coat. Cook until just tender and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, rum, raisins, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Pour evenly over carrots. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into a bowl and serve hot.
—Recipe by Mary J. Lewis, Eatonton, Ga.