- Yield: 6 servings
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1 (1-quart) jar of your favorite seasoned or flavored tomato sauce
- 1/2cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Cheese and Spinach Mixture:
- 4cups fresh spinach, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1/2cup chopped fresh parsley
- Chopped Vegetable Mixture:
- 1cup thin-sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1small yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced into rings
- Assembly Ingredients:
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package pre-cooked oven-ready lasagna noodles (6 noodles)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, or Italian mixed cheese
- To make sauce: Mix all ingredients; set aside.
- To make cheese mixture: Mix all ingredients; set aside.
- To make vegetables: Mix all ingredients; set aside
- To assemble: Spread a small amount of sauce on bottom of a 9-inch square nonreactive pan. Place three lasagna noodles overlapping slightly to cover sauce. Spoon half cheese mixture over noodles. Sprinkle half vegetable mixture over cheese. Top with half remaining tomato sauce and half the remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat each layer ending with a topping of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350F 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cheese is browned and bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.