- Yield 6 servings
This easy veggie lasagna is packed with lots of nutrients and delicious flavors.
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1 (1-quart) jar of your favorite seasoned or flavored tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Cheese and Spinach Mixture:
- 4 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Chopped Vegetable Mixture:
- 1 cup thin-sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced into rings
- Assembly Ingredients:
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package pre-cooked oven-ready lasagna noodles (6 noodles)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, or Italian mixed cheese
- To make sauce: Mix all ingredients; set aside.
- To make cheese mixture: Mix all ingredients; set aside.
- To make vegetables: Mix all ingredients; set aside
- To assemble: Spread a small amount of sauce on bottom of a 9-inch square nonreactive pan. Place three lasagna noodles overlapping slightly to cover sauce. Spoon half cheese mixture over noodles. Sprinkle half vegetable mixture over cheese. Top with half remaining tomato sauce and half the remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat each layer ending with a topping of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350F 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cheese is browned and bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.