Autumn Glow Punch
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 3 mins
- Cook 5 mins
The flavor is all fall, and the glow—from dark rum—is optional.
To save time when everyone arrives, make the punch up to 4 hours ahead and heat before serving.
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 -- (3- to 4-inch) pieces cinnamon sticks, broken
- 2 quarts apple juice or cider
- 1 -- (32-ounce) bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 large seedless oranges, sliced into rounds
- -- Dark rum, optional
- Tie allspice, cloves and cinnamon in a cheesecloth bag. Combine spice bag, apple juice, cranberry juice and oranges in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until simmering. Serve warm, alongside a bottle of dark rum for those who want to spike their drinks.
Recipe adapted with permission from Rick Rodgers’ Thanksgiving 101 (William Morrow, 2007).