Autumn Apple Salad with Creamy Maple Dressing
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons Hungry Jack microwave-ready regular syrup
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens (1 small bag)
- 2 medium Gala or Red Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whisk together syrup, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk oil in gradually until mixture thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss together greens, apples, cranberries and half the walnuts in a large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Divide salad equally among plates. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Tip: To toast walnuts, place in a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool before adding to salad.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Oils.