Authentic Fish Tacos
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1package (17.2 oz) Gorton's Breaded Tilapia Fillets or Sticks, or 1 package (6.3 oz) Gorton's Signature Grilled Tilapia
- 10medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 1cup cabbage or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2medium limes, quartered
- 2cups fresh chipotle salsa (3 pieces canned chipotle chilies en adobo, 2 cloves of roasted and peeled garlic, 2 boiled and peeled tomatoes, salt to taste)*
- Prepare Gorton's Crunchy Breaded Tilapia Fillets according to package directions.
- To make salsa: In a blender, mix chiles, garlic, tomatoes and salt. Blend very briefly. The mixture should be slightly chunky.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl and stir in the prepared Gorton's Crunchy Breaded Tilapia Fillets.
- To assemble tacos, divide fish mixture among tortillas and top each taco with about 1 tablespoon of cabbage. Serve with additional salsa and lime wedges on the side, if desired.