Aunt Rita’s Potatoes
- Yield 12 to 15 servings
Freshly diced green pepper, chopped onions, and cornflake crumbles make up this cheesy potato dish
"My husband's Aunt Rita always used to make these tasty potatoes when we went to her house for Christmas. We always went back for seconds if there were any left. They are a family favorite."
- 10 medium potatoes
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2-ounce) jar pimientos, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 slice fresh white bread, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and cook until done. Peel and dice.
- Put in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Mix other ingredients except milk and cornflake crumbs.
- Pour over potatoes, mixing well.
- Drizzle milk over potato mixture and cover with cornflake crumbs. Bake one hour.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Try using different types of shredded cheese or garlic croutons instead of cornflake crumbs.
Patty Strock, Liberty Center, Ohio