Aunt Lil's Chocolate Raisin Bread Pudding
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2cup hot fudge dessert topping
- 1loaf sliced raisin bread cut in inch size pieces
- 4large eggs
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon nutmeg
- 2cups 2% reduced- fat milk
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and hot fudge topping until smooth. Stir in milk and mix well. Add the raisin bread pieces, stirring to make sure that the bread is evenly coated. Let stand 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spoon about 1/4 of the bread mixture into baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Continue filling the baking pan by alternating bread mixture with chocolate chips.
- Bake about 55-60 minutes, or until center is set.