Astor Street Wrap with Honey Mayonnaise
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4cup mayonnaise
- 4 (12-inch) spinach wraps
- 4 green leaf lettuce
- 1pound sliced smoked turkey
- 8slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1large avocado, sliced
- 1/4cup diced tomato
- Combine the honey and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Warm the wraps in a warm oven.
- Place a piece of lettuce on the lower half of a wrap. Spread with some of the honey mayonnaise.
- Layer 1/4 each of the smoked turkey, bacon crumbles, avocado and tomato over the honey mayonnaise.
- Fold each side of the wrap toward the center. Roll up to form a tight cylinder. Repeat with the remaining wraps.
- Slice each wrap in half and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Leage of Chicago, Peeling the Wild Onion, a Collection of Chicago Culinary Culture (the Junior League of Chicago, 2008)