- Yield 10 to 12 servings
The unbeatable combination of mellow asparagus with crispy coating, salty prosciutto and a touch of cheese makes this a lip-smacking veggie.
- 24 asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed discarding ends
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces prosciutto, cut into strips
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, divided
- Preheat oven 425F. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet with shallow water, cook asparagus until tender, around 3-5 minutes.
- Coat 2 sheets of phyllo dough with nonstick spray. Cut into 6 sections (one across and two down).
- Top each section with 1/2 teaspoon of Parmesan. Wrap prosciutto strip around asparagus. From the diagonal, roll asparagus in phyllo dough and leave the tips exposed. Place on baking sheet and spray a layer of cooking spray across wraps.
- Bake until phyllo is golden and crispy, around 8-10 minutes. Best served warm or room temperature.