Asparagus with Maple Pecan Vinaigrette
- Yield: 4 servings
Serve on a bed of field greens or arugula. If you like, add some crumbled gorgonzola or goat cheese over the top of the asparagus before serving.
- 1large bunch medium-thick asparagus, trimmed
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1tablespoon maple syrup
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons chopped pecans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Steam or boil asparagus. To steam, place in a steamer basket just above water, cover and cook about 10 minutes depending on size. To boil, barely cover with lightly salted water and boil gently 5 to 7 minutes until just tender. After boiling or steaming, rinse in ice water until chilled. Drain and reserve on a serving plate.
- Combine oil, mustard, syrup, vinegar, pecans, salt and pepper and pour over asparagus spears; serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 196
- Fat 17g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 34mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 3g