Asparagus with Maple Pecan Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 servings
Lightly steamed asparagus with a sweet-tart drizzle is a thing of beaty.
Serve on a bed of field greens or arugula. If you like, add some crumbled gorgonzola or goat cheese over the top of the asparagus before serving.
- 1 large bunch medium-thick asparagus, trimmed
- -- Salt, to taste
- -- Water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Steam or boil asparagus. To steam, place in a steamer basket just above water, cover and cook about 10 minutes depending on size. To boil, barely cover with lightly salted water and boil gently 5 to 7 minutes until just tender. After boiling or steaming, rinse in ice water until chilled. Drain and reserve on a serving plate.
- Combine oil, mustard, syrup, vinegar, pecans, salt and pepper and pour over asparagus spears; serve.