Asparagus Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 2pounds fresh asparagus, washed well and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/2cup water
- 1tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1teaspoon parsley
- Steam the asparagus pieces for 2 minutes. Plunge into cold water to stop cooking and drain.
- Put asparagus, red pepper and onion into a plastic bowl (with cover). Blend vinegar, water, sugar (or honey) and parsley in a separate bowl and then pour over vegetables. Adjust seasonings if desired.
- Stir, cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Serve cold as a side salad.