Georgia Pecan Commission
- 20-- thin asparagus spears
- 1-- (12-ounce) jar roasted peppers, preferably red and yellow mixed, drained
- 2/3cup chopped toasted Georgia pecans
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon sherry or wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4ounces mixed salad greens
Break off tough ends of asparagus. Heat 1 inch of water to boiling in a deep skillet. Add asparagus and cook two minutes to blanch. Drain and transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water to quickly chill. Drain and set aside or wrap and refrigerate until serving.
In a medium bowl, stir together peppers, pecans, and basil. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, and salt to blend; whisk in oil to make dressing. To serve, mound salad greens in center of serving platter; arrange asparagus in two clusters on opposite sides of greens. Spoon pecan mixture over greens and asparagus; drizzle dressing over all.