Asparagus and Potato Soup
- Yield 8 servings
By combining the ever-popular potato soup with asparagus, you have a glorious creation.
- 4 cups diced peeled red potatoes (about 3)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 (14 1/2-ounce cans cut asparagus, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper
- Place potatoes and onion in salted water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Promptly drain.
- Drain asparagus, but keep juice from two cans. In a large bowl, combine asparagus, garlic, potatoes and onion.
- Puree asparagus/potato mixture in batches in a food processor. Gradually add in milk. If mixture is too thick add splashes of asparagus juice until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.