Asparagus and Brie Pizza
- Yield 12 servings
This elegant combination of asparagus and Brie makes a fancy pizza topping.
- 12 -- thin asparagus spears, tips only
- 1 -- red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust or 1 (16-ounce) Boboli prepared crust.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 ounces Brie cheese, skin removed and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Cook the asparagus tips until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat and saute the red pepper until tender, about 4 minutes. Blend in the garlic.
- Coat a 12-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll the dough and place in the prepared pan, starting at the center and pressing out with your hands. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle the crust with basil, oregano, and salt and pepper, if desired, then evenly distribute the pepper, Brie cheese and asparagus. Continue baking for 8 to 10 minutes more.