Asian Walnut Chicken
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 12 mins
Chicken and vegetables are sauteed and laced with curry sauce then topped with toasted walnuts.
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 -- (14-1/2 ounce) can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 4 -- green onions, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt, to taste
- 3 cups hot, cooked long-grain brown rice
- Heat walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted. Set aside and reserve. In a medium bowl whisk together broth, cornstarch and curry powder. Set aside and reserve.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is seared and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots, bell pepper and green onions; sauté, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in curry mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, chicken is cooked throughout and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt.
- Spoon rice into individual warm serving bowls; top with chicken-curry mixture and walnuts, dividing equally.