Asian Turkey Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
You'll have about 3/4 cup of dressing left over. It's perfect for other fall salads or as a topping for fish.
- 2cups leftover turkey meat
- 1cup handful cashew nuts
- 1cup dried cranberries
- 2teaspoons ground five-spice powder (optional)
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1-- fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1/2bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 4cups mixed salad greens such as chicory, arugula, spinach, watercress
- 4cups romaine
- -- Sections from 1 to 2 clementines
- -- Juice of 1 clementine
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2-- red onion, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-- (1/2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- Combine turkey, nuts, cranberries and five-spice powder in a skillet; cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add honey and chile; cook over high heat until turkey is crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Combine cilantro, mint, salad greens and romaine in a large bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, combine juices and onion. Add olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Whisk until well combined. Makes about 2 cups dressing.
- Drizzle 1 cup dressing over salad and toss. Toss half of the turkey mixture with the salad and transfer to a platter.
- Spoon remaining turkey mixture and clementine sections over the top of the salad and add another drizzle of dressing. (Reserve remaining dressing for another use.)
Recipe adapted from Chef Jamie Oliver.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 157mg
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Fiber 3.5g
- Protein 18g