Asian Tofu Wraps
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1/4cup low-sodium tamari or soy sauce, or to taste
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1cup carrots, chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced in half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1tablespoon white cooking wine, or to taste
- 1tablespoon chili oil, or to taste
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 4large Boston bibb lettuce leaves
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- 1tablespoon sesame seeds, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- After pressing the tofu, cut the block into 8 slices and coat the pieces in tamari or soy sauce to taste. Place the seasoned tofu pieces on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, flip with a spatula, and bake on the other side for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tofu reaches desired consistency.
- Place the olive oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, carrots and water chestnuts to the skillet. Season with the garlic, ginger and white wine and chili oil to taste. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables become soft. Stir in the chopped scallions and cilantro.
- Put a separate skillet on the stove over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the tortilla becomes soft and easily foldable. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- To assemble the Asian Tofu Wraps, divide the veggie mixture in 4 equal parts onto the softened tortillas. Top with a large lettuce leaf on each wrap and the slices of tofu on top of the lettuce. Taste for seasoning and adjust with more chili oil, soy sauce or sesame seeds if desired. Fold like a burrito and enjoy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 355.2
- Fat 20.4g
- Saturated Fat 2.8g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 537.8mg
- Carbohydrate 30.3g
- Fiber 11.2g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 18g