Asian Barbecue Chicken
- Yield: 8 servings
- Dry rub
- 1/4cup five spice powder
- 2pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
- -- Sauce
- 1cup hoisin sauce (preferably Koon Chun brand)*
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4cup ketchup
- 1/2teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Asian Slaw:
- 1package ready-made cole slaw mix
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 2tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1pinch salt
- 8-- hamburger buns, toasted
- Rub five spice powder onto chicken thighs, and marinate for about an hour. Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Spray the top of each chicken thigh lightly with cooking spray. Place chicken in oven for about 20 minutes or until cooked throughout. Combine all the ingredients for sauce recipe in saucepan, and simmer on low for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the slaw and set aside.
- With a knife and fork, shred the chicken. Add shredded chicken to the sauce and stir well.
- To prepare the slaw, combine cole slaw mix, honey, lime juice, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds and salt. Mix well.
- Put a scoop of the chicken mixture on a toasted bun, and top with Asian slaw.
*The Koon Chun brand of Hoisin is available at most Asian markets. The flavor of this hoisin sauce is far superior to the hoisin purchased at your local grocery store. However, if you can't make it to an Asian store, use any hoisin sauce you can find.