Asian Pear and Chicken Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
- Pomegranate-Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 fresh ripe Asian pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups (8 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- Herb-Crusted Chicken:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup finely slivered fresh mint
- Fresh chopped chives
- Pomegranate-Mustard Dressing: Measure pomegranate juice into saucepan. Heat and simmer over medium-high heat until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Cool completely. Turn into blender. Add honey, mustard, shallot, salt and pepper. Pulse to mix well. With blender running, add oil in a slow steady stream. Set aside.
- Combine pears, spinach and raisins in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup dressing. Mix together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside to chill.
- Herb Crusted Chicken: Season chicken breasts well on both sides with salt and pepper. Combine herbs in small bowl; mix well. Press liberal amount of herbs onto both sides of breasts. Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté chicken about 4 minutes on both sides, until done (170F).
- To Serve: Arrange salad on large individual serving plates. Thinly slice chicken breasts and arrange on top. Drizzle with dressing and top with pomegranate seeds, mint and chives.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board