Curried Chicken Meatball Pho
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken (dark and light meat)
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/3 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 -- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Noodle Bowls:
- 8 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and julienned
- 1/3 cup each cilantro leaves and mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- Asian Dipping Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
For Chicken Meatballs:
In large bowl combine chicken, panko, fish sauce, lime juice, curry paste, sugar, oil, eggs, onions, cilantro, mint, ginger, and garlic; mixing just until combined. Refrigerate 10 minutes. With wet hands roll into walnut-size balls (1-1/2 to 2 ounces each). Bake meatballs on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook vermicelli according to package directions until almost soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in colander; set aside.
In medium bowl, combine lettuce, bean sprouts, carrots, cucumber, cilantro and mint.
For Dipping Sauce:
In small bowl, whisk together sugar, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce and water.
To serve, divide salad mixture among four soup bowls and top with 1/4 of the noodles. Arrange meatballs evenly on top of noodles. Drizzle with Dipping Sauce and sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Makes 4 servings