- Yield 4 servings
This is a wonderful marinade for tofu. The longer it marinates, the more flavorful it gets.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup ginger ale or pineapple juice
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- Blend all ingredients, except tofu, in a food processor or blender. You way also use a wire whisk.
- Pour over 1-inch thick slices of extra-firm tofu and marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Grill extra-firm tofu over coals, in a gas grill or in a grill pan 4 to 5 minutes per side until well browned and marinade is caramelized.
Recipe by Chef Steve Petusevsky