- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 4-8 hours
- 4cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2pounds chicken breasts
- 3small carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2cup thinly sliced snow peas, plus more for serving
- 1 sweet bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon Sriracha
- 1tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 inch piece peeled fresh ginger
- 8ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3ounces rice noodles
- Lime wedges
- Fresh chopped cilantro, mint, and green onions, for serving
blog comments powered by
- Combine the chicken broth, chicken, carrots, peas, pepper, sriracha, soy sauce, curry paste, and ginger in the crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or 8 hours on low. Thirty minutes before serving add the mushrooms to the pot and continue to cook.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Divide the cooked rice noodles evenly between bowls. Ladle soup on top, then top each serving with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and sprinkle of cilantro, mint, and green onions. Serve immediately.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was posted with permission and originally appeared as Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle Soup on Neighborfoodblog.com.