Asian Honey-Tea Grilled Prawns
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2-- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1cup brewed double strength orange spice tea, cooled
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/4cup rice vinegar
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 1tablespoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- In plastic bag, combine marinade ingredients (everything but the shrimp, salt and onions). Remove 1/2 cup marinade; set aside for dipping sauce. Add shrimp to marinade in bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers, dividing evenly. Grill over medium coals 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are just firm to the touch, turning once. Season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce by placing reserved 1/2 cup marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in green onions.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 202
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 259mg
- Sodium 511mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 35g