Asian Honey-Tea Grilled Prawns
- Yield 4 servings
Fire up the grill for these Asian-inspired shrimp.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup brewed double strength orange spice tea, cooled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In plastic bag, combine marinade ingredients (everything but the shrimp, salt and onions). Remove 1/2 cup marinade; set aside for dipping sauce. Add shrimp to marinade in bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers, dividing evenly. Grill over medium coals 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are just firm to the touch, turning once. Season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce by placing reserved 1/2 cup marinade in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in green onions.