Hoisin Chicken Mini Meat Loaves
- Yield: servings
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3/4cup chopped sweet onion
- 3tablespoons peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2teaspoons grated fresh garlic
- 1/2cup ketchup
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 2teaspoons soy sauce
- Chicken Loaves:
- 1 1/2pounds ground chicken (coarsely ground thigh meat)
- 1/3cup bread crumbs
- 1-- egg
- 2tablespoons whole milk
- 1/3cup chopped fresh basil
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2teaspoon crushed red pepper
- -- cooking spray
- Wasabi and Chive Mashers:
- 2 1/2pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3cup warm whole milk
- 1tablespoon wasabi powder (I used McCormick Gourmet Collection)
- 2teaspoons salt
- 3/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3cup snipped fresh chives
- -- chive bundles
- -- basil sprigs
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the sauce, place canola oil and toasted sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Add in ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and stir in ketchup, hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Heat until sauce is hot. Set aside.
To make the chicken loaves, place chicken, bread crumbs, egg, milk , basil, soy sauce, crushed red pepper and 3 tablespoons prepared sauce in a large bowl and mix together well, taking care not to compact meat.
Spray a 13inch by 9 inch by 2 inch pan with cooking spray.
Form chicken mixture into 6 mini loaves, measuring approximately 3 inches by 5 inches and about 1 1/4 inch thick.
Spoon remaining sauce over top of loaves.
Place in hot oven and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until done.
While chicken is cooking, make the potatoes. Place potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook about 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain potatoes well and return to same pan. Add butter and milk to potatoes and mash well. Stir in wasabi, salt, pepper and chives and mix well.
To serve, place potatoes on a platter with chicken loaves. Garnish, as desired, with chive bundles and basil sprigs.
Yield: 6 servings