Asian Express Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Yield Serves 4 servings
- Prep 5 minutes
- Cook 10-15 minutes
A great light supper or appetizer to eat out of hand.
Look for peanut sauce in the ethnic section of your supermarket.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (95 percent lean)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup jarred peanut sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads) or iceberg or romaine lettuce
- Fresh mint
- Brown ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings. Stir in hoisin sauce and peanut sauce; heat through.
- Just before serving, add cucumber, carrots and torn mint; toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve beef mixture in lettuce leaves. Garnish with mint and serve with your favorite peanut sauce.
Recipe adapted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook, by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and the American Dietetic Association (John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2006).