Asian Coleslaw with Candied Walnuts from Kikkoman
- Yield 8 servings
Jicama, carrots and candied walnuts make this coleslaw a cut above the rest.
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded jicama
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Lime Ponzu
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup candied walnuts*
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, jicama, carrots and cilantro. Whisk together ponzu, sesame oil, orange juice and ginger; pour over cabbage mixture and toss together. Sprinkle with candied walnuts.
*To make candied walnuts, place 1 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup sugar in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and turns light brown. Toss to coat walnuts. Remove skillet from heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spread walnuts on aluminum foil to cool.
Recipe courtesy of Kikkoman.