Asian Chicken Wraps
- Yield servings
Chicken is marinated in a spicy Asian-style sauce, baked, rolled in rice paper wrappers and served with a hoisin-flavored dipping sauce.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 8 ounces hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced finely
- 5 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
- 1 package rice paper wraps
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage shredded
- Dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all wet ingrediants with spices and herbs and other dry ingrediants (does not include the vegetables)
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces to allow marinade to soak better into the chicken. Add chicken to a gallon sized ziplock bag. Pour marinade mixture over the chicken. Close the bag and shake the mixtute through the chicken to ensure all pieces are covered.
- Marinate chicken a minimum of 1-2 hours but it is much better if you can let it go overnight.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and place in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover chicken and bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- To make dipping sauce combine soy sauce, hoisin sause, sesame oil and seasonings in a small bowl. Pour into a dipping bowl and serve along side of rolls.
- In a bowl combine carrots, napa cabbage and bean sprouts. Cut the chicken into fine strips or shred. Roll the chicken and vegtables in rice paper ( the amount depends on the size of the rice papers). Cut the rolls in half and serve with dipping sauce.