Asian Chicken Salad from the Ocean Reef Club
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- 4-- chicken breast halves, bone-in and skin on
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4cup Mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2-- scallions, finely chopped
- 1head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4pound rice vermicelli, fried (optional; see instructions)
- Place chicken in large stockpot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat; lower heat, cover and simmer chicken for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow chicken to cool in cooking liquid.
- When chicken is cooled, remove from pot. Remove skin and bones and use fingers to shred chicken. (This will produce 3 – 4 cups cooked chicken.) Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, Mirin, garlic, ginger, salt, peanuts, scallions and sesame seeds. Combine well.
- Add chicken to soy sauce mixture and toss well to coat.
- Divide lettuce among 4 serving plates. Top each with ¼ mixture of chicken; then top with fried noodles. Garnish with cilantro and lemon sliced, if desired.
- To fry vermicelli noodles: In medium-size saucepan, warm 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Add noodles in small amounts. Stir fry until light brown and crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
From the Cooking School at the Ocean Reef Club, Miami, Fla.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 370
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 20g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 460mg
- Potassium 550mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 37g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 15%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 15%