Vietnamese Chicken Wraps
- Yield: servings
- 1/2cup lemon juice
- 1/3cup fish sauce
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10-- (6 inch) Asian Rice Paper Wrap
- 4cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1cup Bean Sprouts
- 1cup grated Jicama
- 1/2cup crushed roasted
- -- Peanuts
- 2/3cup chopped scallions
- 2/3cup chopped fresh Cilantro
1. Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
2. Combine lettuce, chicken, Jicama, bean sprouts, scallions, peanuts and cilantro in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
3. Set out the chicken mixture, Rice paper and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Dip each Rice paper in warm water to softened. Serve immediately. Put the salad in the center and wrap tightly. May serve any fresh fruit on the side, like Pineapple, Cantaloupe & Honey Dew.
Yield: 8 servings