Vietnamese Chicken Wraps
- Yield servings
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 10 -- (6 inch) Asian Rice Paper Wrap
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 cup grated Jicama
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted
- -- Peanuts
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
1. Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
2. Combine lettuce, chicken, Jicama, bean sprouts, scallions, peanuts and cilantro in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
3. Set out the chicken mixture, Rice paper and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Dip each Rice paper in warm water to softened. Serve immediately. Put the salad in the center and wrap tightly. May serve any fresh fruit on the side, like Pineapple, Cantaloupe & Honey Dew.
Yield: 8 servings