Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Yield: servings
- ** Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Wrap**
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2pounds shredded store bought rotesserie chicken, perferrabley dark meat
- 2teaspoons minced garlic
- 2teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1-- head boston lettuce/bibb lettuce
- 1cup bean sprouts
- 1/2cup shredded jicama
- 1/2cup shredded carrot
- 3-- chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/2cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2cup chow mein noodles
- 1/3cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 3/4cup peanut sauce store bought or use the below recipe
- 1-- lime cut into six wedges
- ** Spicy Peanut Sauce**
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4cup hoisin sauce
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1teaspoon soy sauce
- 2teaspoons chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2teaspoons water
** Asian Chicken Salad Lettuce Wrap**
Next heat a 12" non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the oil to the skillet. Once hot, add chicken. Do not stir for 1 minute. Then begin to stir fry. Add in two teaspoon garlic and two teaspoon ginger and stir fry for about one more mintues or until the ginger and garlic is fragrent. Allow to cool to room tempeature.
Prepare the lettuce by seperating the leaves from the head.
In a large bowl toss chicken, sprouts, jicama, carrot, scalltion, almonds, chow mein noodles, one quarter cup cilantro and half the peanut sauce together. Place the lettuce leaves around the edge of a large serving platter and place the chicken mixture pleasingly in the center. Garnish with remaining cilantro and lime wedges. Place remaining peanut sauce in a small serving dish. Encourage your guests to place the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, roll up and eat taco style. Squeeze lime over the top and drizzel with more peanut sauce if desired.
Serves 6, may be used as an appetizer
** Spicy Peanut Sauce**
Add the sauce ingredients to a small non-stick sauce pan. Mix to incorporate. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for about another five minutes to allow mixture to thicken slightly and flavors to blend. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove from heat.