Asian Chicken Salad
- Yield 8 servings
A fresh combination of Asian flavors and crisp vegetables in this recipe by Chef John Besh.
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 (3- to 4-ounce) packages dried Ramen noodles, seasoning removed, broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and grated
- 6 greeen onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, toasted
- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh basil, sliced
- Leaves from 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, sliced
- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh mint, sliced
- Mix together cabbage, Ramen noodles and chicken in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, sambal chili, sugar, ginger and green onions. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss really well to coat all the ingredients. You can do this a few hours ahead so the seasoned sauce will moisten the dried noodles.
- Just before serving, sprinkle salad with peanuts and some of the basil, cilantro, and mint. Have bowls of herbs on the table so everybody can add what they like.