Asian Chicken Salad with Soba Noodles
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 mins
The sweet and sour dressing is a fusion of Pacific Rim flavors. The salad combines a variety of raw vegetables perfect for hot summer days.
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 medium head (1 1/4 pound) Napa cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, trimmed, seeded and diced
- 2 chopped green onions, using both bulb and stems
- 1 cup cooked soba noodles, cooled
- 1 pound cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and oil; set aside.
- Toss lightly cabbage, carrots, red pepper, and onions in large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Add cooked pasta; toss and top with chicken strips. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve. Makes about 12 cups.