Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Yield 6 servings
This meal is so easy to make and it’s loaded with lean protein, veggies, and some added fruit for sweetness.
- 1 pound extra lean ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 8 small white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1 head Romaine lettuce or butter lettuce
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and corn starch. Add the ground chicken and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and red onion. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the ground chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add the red pepper and mushrooms, cooking until softened. Stir in the vinegar, oyster sauce, and sriracha and simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cooked rice. Stir together.
- To serve, place a large spoonful of chicken/rice mixture onto each lettuce leaf and top with some mandarin oranges.
Makes 12 wraps.
Recipe courtesy of Jen Gacek who was prompted after having her third son to eat healthy and exercise. She believes healthy living should never be boring, so she launched The Fit Housewife, full of healthy, family-friendly recipes, as well as fitness and nutrition tips.