- Yield 12 servings
- 2 cups flake coconut (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 (8-ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned light coconut milk (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 tablespoon cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez)
- Chopped mango
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare crust, combine coconut, butter and flour in a medium bowl. Press mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Let cool before filling.
- To prepare filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low just until blended. Stir in coconut milk and cream of coconut. Pour filling into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake cheesecake 50 to 60 minutes, until cake is almost set. Run a knife around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove springform side. Slice and garnish with chopped mango.
Note: Use a baking sheet under the springform pan to prevent oils from the coconut from leaking onto the bottom of your oven.
Recipe by Gretchen Roberts