Asian Barbecue Turkey Thighs
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4cup plain barbecue sauce
- 1/4cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
- 3tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2pounds turkey thighs, skinned and excess fat removed
- In 2-cup measure, combine barbecue sauce, onions, soy sauce,sesame seeds, garlic and ginger. Remove 1/3 cup, cover and refrigerate.
- Pierce holes in thighs using tines of fork.
- In self-closing food-safe plastic bag, combine thighs and remaining marinade. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally to marinate evenly.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat cooking (see note below). Cook thighs over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes per side until food thermometer, inserted in thickest portion of thigh, registers 170F to 175F. During last 10 minutes of cooking, brush with reserved marinade.
- Serve hot with favorite rice dish and a vegetable, if desired.
Note: To set up gas grill for indirect cooking, preheat all burners on high. Turn one burner off; place thighs over "off" burner. Reset remaining burner(s) to medium. Close lid to cook. To set up Charcoal grill for indirect cooking, arrange hot coals around outer edge of grill; place disposable aluminum pan in open space. Place thighs over open area and close lid to cook.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 231
- Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 97mg
- Sodium 937mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Protein 28g