“As You Wish” Mini Pies
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15-20
These are called “as you wish” pies because each individual pie’s filling can be different, though the pies all bake at once. Each pie needs about ¼ cup of filling, and that filling is up to you!
- 2 (9-inch) refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups pie filling (see suggestions below)
- 4 teaspoons low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Suggestions for fillings:
- Fresh or thawed frozen raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or a combination
- Diced apples or pears, can mix with dried cranberries, raisins, or cherries
- Chocolate chips (semisweet, milk, or white chocolate, or a combination)
- Peanut butter chips
- Divide the piecrusts into 16 equal portions (8 portions per crust) and shape each portion in a ball. Press 8 of the balls into the bottom and all the way up the sides of the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin (4 cups will be empty).
- Fill the crusts with the desired fillings. Press the remaining 8 pieces into rounds large enough to cover the diameter of the muffin cup. Press the rounds over the fillings and pinch the crusts together to seal. Prick the tops with a fork. Brush the surface of the pies with the milk and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the crusts are golden brown.
—From Robin Takes 5: 500 Recipes, 5 Ingredients or Less, 500 Calories or Less, 5 Nights a Week at 5:00 PM by Robin Miller/Andrews McMeel Publishing