- Yield 1-1/4 cups
This recipe makes more pesto than you will need, but is it delicious and good to have on hand. Spoon the extra over sliced tomatoes, boiled potatoes, or plain pasta. When garnishing the plates, use a vegetable peeler to make ribbon-like shavings of Parmesan cheese.
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, toasted
- 1 bunch bunch arugula, washed, with stems removed (2 ounces of clean stemmed leaves)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To make the pesto, in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine all of the ingredients and process for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the pesto is smooth. Transfer to a tightly sealed container, and refrigerate, until ready to use. You will yield about 1¼ cups.
See Farfalle with Applewood Smoked Chicken and Arugula-Walnut Pesto