Arugula, Scallop and Watermelon Salad
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This salad makes a great appetizer or main dish in the summertime. Instead of grilling, you can saute the scallops in a skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1pound sea scallops
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 6cups fresh arugula
- 2cups cubed watermelon
- 1cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1/2cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, Dijon and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (375F).
- Drizzle scallops evenly with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side, turning once.
- In a large serving bowl or individual serving plates, combine arugula, watermelon and blueberries. Top with scallops, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese, if desired. Drizzle with balsamic mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Allison Lewis
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 471
- Fat 35g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 37mg
- Sodium 344mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 13g
- Protein 21g